Sunday, February 9, 2014

This thing called Grace...

This post is not meant to be perfectly coherent... Its a subject that i struggle to grasp and put at work in my life. So please bare with me, there are some things on my heart and I'm not sure the correct words are in my head.

Grace - Unmerited favor... This concept that alludes me... I mean I get it, I can't do anything to earn God's love.
Eph 2: 8-9
For ye are saved by grace, through faith; and this not of yourselves; it is God's gift: not on the principle of works, that no one might boast. 
And i know my exact problem here... Let me state it plainly, I judge myself to be unworthy. I struggle this this feeling of unworthiness in some many areas of my life; To the point at times when i'm just waiting for someone to tell me that it was a mistake and i no longer belong. This feeling that there must be someone else that is smarter, prettier, better, kinder or more qualified than me. I have the feeling sometimes when i walk in to School and i just wait for someone to tell me that they made a mistake in accepting my application (Its called impostor syndrome) or when i am on edge waiting for my friends or boyfriend to tell me our relationship is over. There is no reason for this, I can't shake it, and I've tried. I've tried to reason my way through my insecurities, to grasp some sort of problem that I can eliminate or fix. But it always comes back to this one question: Why in the world would ANYONE, especially God choose me? What could He have possibly seen in my stupid choices, reckless decisions and selfishness to say "yeah that's the one, I want HER".
Then tonight for some reason it just hit me... Iam not chosen for who I am now at this point in time, I was chosen for who i am becoming. God chose me because he saw what i would become as i walked in his light and righteousness. His chose me because he saw what his power could effect in me.
Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the righteous is as the shining light, going on and brightening until the day be fully come.
The point being that God doesn't choose to extend grace to us because of our qualifications, he extends his love and grace to us because of our Kingdom potential. He chooses us for everything that his power and love can effect in us. Because you were made in his image, you have the potential to become like him, abounding in love, joy, peace and a lover of truth and justice; Spreading the good news and doing good works in his name. This calling that he has placed on my life cannot be changed or removed; regardless of how inadequate i feel.
Romans 11:29
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Just because i feel unqualified now doesn't mean i will never be qualified. If fact God is qualifying me as we speak. He started by making me clean by washing away my sins and cleansing me with his blood; now his is purifying and teaching me in the school of spirit. I am made worthy by he who has seen my end and ESTABLISHED it as GOOD.
Innately, I am not worthy of anything. But i truely hope that the people who have chosen to have me in there lives chose me not based on the "Now me", because I don't hope to stay with these flaws for long. I hope that God maybe gave them a small glimpse of the "future me", the one that is purified, a more perfect reflection of my creator in whose image i was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment