Monday, February 22, 2010

His plan... Not Mine

He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
-1 Thessalonians 5:24
You know, some how I always think that I've got this one. And every time I think I've got it down I wind up falling on my face. Wow, how graceful. Thank God that he is full of grace and does not kick me out into the street for being a selfish idiot. I'm humbled by the fact that I'm not perfect...
It happened any recently, I tried to take control of my life and mold it into my plan... And again I was disappointed with the result. I started asking God why things weren't working out for me, and then that quite voice said "Your trying to drive your life without a license..." That usually is a problem and accidents almost always happen with inexperienced drivers. The verse here in 1 Thessalonians 5:24 doesn't say that when you call your self he is faithful, but HE who calls you is faithful.
Hmmmm... That's right he does the calling... there is another slight laps in memory that led to a week of frustration and bad attitude. Wow, thanks God for jogging my memory...

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
-Rom 8:28

But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles
-Gal 1:15-16

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
-Jer 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment