Tuesday, September 2, 2008

OK, so with this Summer gone.. and yet another promise to keep myself on track falls by the wayside. I decided that I'm going to blog a couple times a week to track my progress. Sorta like an online journal I guess. I don't know who (if anyone) will read this.. But here goes...

First, let me introduce myself..
You can call me Mini-Mug...
i would define myself as your less than average Christian.
who takes advantage of God's amazing Grace on a moment to moment basis.
I'm constantly working on my self control and love.

So this spring and summer I believe that God has been working on my life in the area of commitment.
This is the question. How Committed I'm I to His Cause???

Now for the answer. I don't know. A quote from Jesus comes to mind.. "The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" Yup that would be the one. There are times when I just don't want to resist the devil anymore and I give in. OK, let me be completely honest here.. there are ALOT of times, sometimes I feel that I give in more then I resist. Yuck, God forgive me for being weak. I feel like I have to get my flesh under control before I move on with God. I'm the only thing standing in my way. I have so much more to descover about my God.

Job 26:14
Yet these are but [a small part of His doings] the outskirts of His ways or the mere fringes of His force, the faintest whisper of His voice! Who dares contemplate or who can understand the thunders of His full, magnificent power?

I've barely scrached the suface of the wonderful things God has in store for me. Yet I can't seem to get over myself. and you know I know where the problem is starting too. Its in my thoughts, I let myself think about ungodly things and then it just goes from there.. you know the saying you are what you eat.. well I've been feeding my mind the wrong things. I can see how just over the summer I've become rude and disrespectful to the people around me..

Luke 6:45
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

I haven't been planting the right things in my mind and heart, and I definatly havn't been pulling out the weeds. I see myself not keeping the garden that God gave me.. So for this week (and the rest of my life) I'm going to be planting the right things and weeding out the bad. I have dominon over my body and I will bring it under subjection.

Galatians 5:24 (Amplified Bible)
And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires.

I will keep my thoughts under control. Thats all I got... So I leave with just a few more sriptures that come to mind.

Matthew 26:41
All of you must keep awake (give strict attention, be cautious and active) and watch and pray, that you may not come into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Job 29:14
I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban.

No comments:

Post a Comment